My Favorite Saturday Night Live Skits

 Hello!

I've been recently binging and loving Saturday Night Live. I think the skits are hilarious, and I'm obsessed with the current cast. I'm so happy season 46 is back in full swing. Lately, I've been thinking about my favorite SNL sketches, and what they would be. So, I've taken it upon myself to list my top ten favorite SNL sketches. I haven't watched every single SNL sketch in existence, so my list my not be comparable to some other extreme major fans. Let's get started!

10. Tiny Horse - Timothee Chalamet, Season 46

A young man has big dreams for his pet horse.
I'm quite a fan of Timotee Chalamet, so when I saw he was hosting SNL, I was over the moon! This one was my favorite from that episode. I thought the song was adorable, and it was just so overly random.

9. Celebrity Family Feud, Time Travel Edition - Jimmy Fallon, Season 42

1977 celebrities and 2017 celebrities battle it out in a game of Family Feud
I loved the set up of this sketch, and how Jimmy Fallon ran back and forth from the 1977 team to the 2017 team playing John Travolta. He looks so disheveled at some parts, I think it made the entire sketch so chaotic! Aside from that, Harry Styles' Mick Jagger impression was fantastic, and really added a lot to the sketch. I couldn't stop looking at him making faces in the background!

8. Hallmark Dating Show - Scarlett Johansson, Season 45

A bachelorette and some eligible bachelors participate in a dating show created by the algorithm that makes Hallmark holiday movies.
I love the way SNL pokes fun at the predictability and cheesiness of Hallmark Christmas movies. I personally don't avidly watch Hallmark Christmas movies, but I thought this sketch perfectly summed up what you'd expect from one of these movies. 

7. Joan Song - Harry Styles, Season 45

Joan, who lives alone in a small nice home, sings about her new boyfriend, Doug.
I thought Harry Styles' SNL episode was absolutely hilarious. All of the sketches were perfectly targeted towards his audience. The Joan song was my favorite. I'm obsessed with my dog, so I thought that I could relate to it on a very personal level. Sometimes I sing the song to my dog when I'm alone...

6. Barbie Instagram - Donald Glover, Season 43

New interns pitch captions for Barbie's Instagram account.
I loved the different vibes each of the character's gave off, and how it went drastically from light, stupid humor to dark humor. The contrast between Donald Glover's character and the other two characters in this sketch was just so funny, and how Kenan's character had such minimal patience with the three interns really takes the cake.

5. Riverdale - Halsey, Season 44

Filming the dramatic season finale of Riverdale keeps getting interrupted by a noisy corpse.
Pete Davidson really shone in this sketch. I thought it was so wacky, between the faces he was making, and the proper British accent. And how Halsey and Beck's characters didn't realize what he was doing was wrong, and how they were "really digging the authenticity."

4. Undercover Office Potty - Bill Hader, Season 43

Introducing Undercover Office Potty, the only toilet that looks like a lamp.
I always find it hilarious when SNL spoofs commercials; this one of probably my favorite. The surprise at the end was disgusting!

3. Uncle Meme - John Mulaney, Season 45

A man confronts his nephew about turning him into a viral meme.
John Mulaney is my favorite SNL host. There's never a sketch that's bland when he's hosting! This one was one of my favorites that he did. I loved how SNL turned to Twitter to ask the fans to make their own uncle memes; some of them were hilarious!

2. Diner Lobster - John Mulaney, Season 43

A man surprises everyone by ordering lobster.
This was actually a sketch that John pitched to the cast when he was a writer, but it got turned down. So, when he became a host, he decided to do it himself! And it definitely did not disappoint. I've always been a fan of Broadway musicals, so showing how no one should order lobster at a diner through a reenacted performance of Les Miserables was hilarious and unique to me. 

1. Airport Sushi - John Mulaney, Season 45

A man surprises everyone by buying sushi at LaGuardia Airport.
I've never been to LaGuardia Airport, or any airport for that manner, but I still fell in love with the hilarity of this sketch. From little orphan Auntie Annie, to flying Jake Gyllenhaal, everything about this sketch was so funny! The writing of it is also so complex, you can really see the effort the cast and crew put into this sketch.















Comments

Popular Posts